Article 1 These Terms of Service govern the usage of the Okaya City Research and Industry Advanced Information Network (hereinafter the 'TV Conference System'), operated by Techno Plaza Okaya.
Article 2 When using the TV Conference System (hereinafter 'Service'), you shall be subject to these "Terms of Service".
(Provision of Service)
Article 3 This service is provided at the sole discretion of Techno Plaza Okaya.
2 Techno Plaza Okaya reserves the right to change the functions and specifications of this service at anytime, without prior notice.
3 Techno Plaza Okaya may suspend or cease service by prior notification such as posting on our homepage. However, in cases considered urgent, we reserve the right to suspend or cease service immediately without the aforementioned prior notice.
(Description of Service)
Article 4 This service consists of the services outlined below:
(1) Research and Industry Communication Room Meeting rooms that can
be used by up to five people at a time are provided for each of the
universities Techno Plaza is pursuing partnership with. These rooms
serve as a place for carrying out business discussions in order to develop
new technologies and products through the collaboration between industry
(2) Private Communication Room
A meeting room made up of our Management Consultation Room, which provides
services as stipulated in Article Three of the Okaya City Small and
Medium Business Management Consultation Establishment Outline (Okaya
City Notice No. 2 1996), and a room that can be used freely by anyone
interested in industrial promotion (hereinafter 'Free Space').
Article 5 Those wishing to use the "Free Space" in the "Private Communication
Room," must receive approval by registering in advance. However, this
does not apply to use of both the "Management Consultation Room" and
the "Industry and Research Room".
2 Techno Plaza Okaya will issue all users with a user name and password
based on registration, once we have screened and approved submitted
Article 6 Techno Plaza Okaya will not use any information submitted
by users upon registration under the preceding article or any content
used in this service, out of the scope of the management and maintenance
of service provision.
2 The universities maintaining meeting rooms in the "Industry and Research
Communication Room", will not use any content used in the service for
purposes out of the scope of the management and maintenance of service
(Prohibition of Use)
Article 7 Following screening, Techno Plaza Okaya reserves the right
not to approve registration, in any of the following cases:
(1) when the said user does not actually exist;
(2) when approval has been gained under false pretences or other inappropriate
(3) when it is found to pose technical problems to the maintenance and
management of the TV Conference System;
(4) when it is deemed to harm the public interest or there is a potential
risk of damaging public moral;
(5) at any other time it is found to pose problems to the management/operation
of the system.
(Termination of Service)
Article 8 Techno Plaza Okaya reserves the right to revoke approval,
or cease service of all registered accounts and passwords, without prior
notice, should the registered user (hereinafter the 'user') be found
to have engaged in any of the following cases:
(1) when the user is found to have violated these terms in the entirety
or in part, or if there is a risk that they will;
(2) when it is found that the said user does not actually exist;
(3) when it is found that the user has gained approval through false
or inappropriate means;
(4) when there is a technical breakdown in the maintenance or management
of the TV Conference System;
(5) when it is found to harm or potentially demoralize public interest;
(6) at any other time there is a system management breakdown.
2 Techno Plaza Okaya accepts no responsibility for damages caused to
the user under the preceding clauses.
Article 9 The user agrees to strictly observe these "Terms of Service"
when using the TV Conference System.
2 The user accepts complete responsibility for maintaining confidentiality
of account names and passwords, and is fully responsible for all activities
that occur or result under all issued account names and passwords.
3 Any claims, requests or disputes under the user's account name and
password, are to be settled at their own responsibility and expense,
and the user agrees not to cause damages to Techno Plaza Okaya (Including
the universities maintaining meeting rooms in the Industry and Research
Article 10 The user agrees not to use this service for:
(1) activities which infringe on the assets, privacy or portrait rights
(2) conduct which discriminates against, detracts, or tarnishes the
integrity or trust of others;
(3) activities which violates the copyright, trademark or other intellectual
property rights of Techno Plaza (Including those universities maintaining
meeting rooms in the Industry and Research Communication Room) or any
(4) crime-related activities outlined in the Criminal Code (Law No.
(5) displaying or transmitting images or text relating to bribery, child
pornography, or child abuse;
(6) activities which conflict with pre-election and election campaigning
or the like, or violate the Public Office Election Law (Law 100. enacted
(7) impersonating others in order to receive provision of service;
(8) uploading, posting, entering or transmitting text/documents offensive
(9) carrying out conduct which violates the Law on Proscribing Stalking
Behavior and Assisting Victims (Law No. 80, 2002);
(10) establishing pyramid schemes or soliciting such business;
(11) activities which impede the management or operations of the TV
Conference System services or other services connected to the network;
(12) gathering personal information about others without the consent
of the person concerned or by fraudulent means;
(13) conduct which violates the activities set out in the above paragraphs,
laws, these "Terms of Service", is offensive to public order and moral,
is harmful to the operations of this service, defames the trust of Techno
Plaza Okaya (Including the universities maintaining meeting rooms in
the Industry and Research Communication Room), damages the property
of Techno Plaza Okaya, or causes disadvantage to Techno Plaza Okaya
or other parties.
(Prohibition of Handing over User Rights)
Article 11 Users may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any
of their rights under these terms and conditions.
(Liability for Compensation)
Article 12 When the user has caused damage to Techno Plaza (Including the universities maintaining meeting rooms in the Industry and Research Communication Room) or a third party either intentionally or negligently, we reserve the right to seek appropriate compensation by way of accountability and expenses.
(Exclusion of Liability)
Article 13 The responsibility of Techno Plaza Okaya as provider of this
service, shall be limited to the management and administration of the
TV Conference, so as to ensure the user receives trouble-free service.
2 Techno Plaza Okaya (Including the Universities maintaining meeting
rooms in the Research and Industry Communication) accepts no responsibility,
and is not liable for damages arising from user damages through the
use of this service (Including damages arising from disputes with other
parties) and damages caused to you or other parties as a result of use
or inability to use this service (including damages arising from termination
of user accounts and passwords).
(Revisions to Terms of Service)
Article 14 Techno Plaza Okaya reserves the right to make revisions to
these Terms of Service from time to time, without prior notice.
2 Revised Terms of Service will take effect upon us uploading them to
These Terms of Service take effect from date of issue.